ASSISTING THE PERFORMING ARTS
The Foundation Funding Policy
The Seaborn, Broughton & Walford Foundation welcomes applications for financial assistance from both performing arts companies and from individual performing artists.
This year the closing date for the next Grants Round is Thursday 7th September 2023. The Seaborn, Broughton & Walford Foundation welcomes applications for financial assistance from performing arts companies and individual performing artists.
For those wishing to apply, please consult Application guidelines and dates.
Applications for assisting playwrights in most instances should be addressed to The Rodney Seaborn Playwrights Award or the Rodney Seaborn Playwriting Support Fund.
Applications from Performing Arts Companies
The following guidelines are intended to assist companies with their applications:
- Applications for assistance should be made for specific projects, productions or activities.
- Preference will be given to special projects additional to the core business of a performing arts company.
- Special projects may include:
i. Commissioning an original play or performance
ii. Professional work-shops of an original play or performance
iii. Professional production of an original play or performance
iv. Assistance with international tours
v. Appointment of eg. trainee directors
vi. Organising conferences of theatre practitioners
vii. Professional training activities
viii. and such other projects as the S,B&W Foundation Board may approve.
- At the present time, support for a performing arts company will generally not exceed $50,000 in any one year and, depending on the quality of other applicants, may be less than the amount requested, in which case it is important for the applicant to indicate whether the project can proceed with a lesser amount. A successful application will receive one grant or support payment.
- An application for assistance will not be considered until the Board has received an assessment and acquittal of a project previously assisted by S,B&W Foundation.