Library Policy Document
1. Members of the SBW Board must be covered by a Directors' Indemnity Policy
2. Assure each donor that the SBW Foundation is the final recipient of their donated collections
3. The Archive Sub-Committee decides what is to be kept in relation to donated theatrical material. Professional Archivists decide the material that can be removed or destroyed (eg financial records after 7 years)
4. The Archive Committee is conscious of the name "Seaborn, Broughton and Walford" Foundation and may, therefore, decide to keep personal material relating to the three families
5. Once donated the SBW Foundation has control of authenticity and distribution of material. But no material must leave the building,.except with Board decision of loan for exhibition.
6. Payment is needed for private collection and control ie Copyright
7. Payment is needed for copying material
8. Agreements between the SBW Foundation Archive committee and the recipient must be dually signed.
9. Once material is donated to the SBW Foundation it cannot and must not be sent to other Archives or Museums if storage space becomes a problem. We abide strictly by our word of honour to the donor.
10. Financial distribution of monies to the SBW Archives is in the authority of the SBW Foundation Board Treasurer
11. It is hoped that the website for the SBW Foundation Archives can be linked to NIDA, so that the students are aware of out theatrical archive repository