- This event has passed.
FRENCH WITHOUT TEARS
September 1, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm$25.00
You are invited to a repeat performance of the same comedy produced by Doris Fitton when she reopened the newly-named Independent Theatre in 1939 and commenced a significant new chapter of Sydney theatre history.
To celebrate the 80th Anniversary, the New Independent Players will perform this internationally popular 1930s comedy French Without Tears by Terence Rattigan as a moved play reading directed by Aarne Neeme. The cast includes Terence Clarke AM and Glenn Hazeldine, Julie Hudspeth, Felix Gentle and Stacey Duckworth. The reading will be preceded by refreshments. At the conclusion, there will be an opportunity to leave a traditional donation at the door for the Actors’ Benevolent Fund.
- DATE: Sunday September 1st
- TIME: 2pm complimentary afternoon tea; 3pm performance
- DURATION: Two and a half hours (approx) including interval
- PLACE: The Independent Theatre
- ADDRESS: 269 Miller Street, North Sydney
- PRICE: $25.00 adults; $10 students/seniors/industry concession (NB play not of interest to small children)
- BOOKINGS: Independent Theatre website: www.theindependent.org.au
or phone the Seaborn, Broughton & Walford Foundation 99555444.
Photo Gallery from the event: