The SB&W Foundation is a responsible and caring, volunteer-based, not-for-profit organisation, which is also not classed by governments as an essential service. In response to the COVID-19 outbreak the following procedures have been implemented.
The SB&W Foundation will:
- Keep its toilets well stocked with toilet paper, soap and paper towels. (There is some evidence that paper towel drying is less likely to spread viruses than jet dryers.)
- Distribute sanitising wipes throughout the workplace for users to sanitise shared equipment
- And all frequently touched surfaces such as workstations, countertops, shared pens and pencils in library, light-switches and doorknobs, kitchen equipment & taps will be routinely cleaned.
- Increase cleaning of common areas using standard cleaning agents.
- Display COVID-19 information material in our reception area / in email footers consistent with guidance coming from the WHO about our expectations of members and customers of what they should do whilst in our workplace.
- Monitor the spread of COVID-19 and implement more restrictions if necessary. (eg cancelling events, holding meetings by Skype so that those attending don’t have to travel on public transport)
Peter Lowry, President