The Foundation Funding Policy
The Seaborn Broughton & Walford Foundation welcomes applications for financial assistance from both performing arts companies and from individual performing artists.
The Foundation will consider applications for assistance twice a year: in April and in October. Closing dates for applications are Thursday 23rd April 2020 and Thursday 15th October 2020.
Applications for assisting playwrights in most instances should be addressed to The Rodney Seaborn Playwrights Award or the Rodney Seaborn Playwriting Support Fund detailed below.
Applications from Performing Arts Companies
The following guidelines are intended to assist companies with their applications:
- Applications for assistance should be made for specific projects, productions or activities.
- Preference will be given to special projects additional to the core business of a performing arts company.
- Special projects may include:
i. Commissioning an original play or performance
ii. Professional work-shops of an original play or performance
iii. Professional production of an original play or performance
iv. Assistance with international tours
v. Appointment of eg. trainee directors
vi. Organising conferences of theatre practitioners
vii. Professional training activities
viii. and such other projects as the SB&W Foundation Board may approve.
- At the present time, support for a performing arts company will not exceed $50,000 in any one year. A successful application will receive one grant or support payment.
- An application for assistance will not be considered until the Board has received an assessment and acquittal of a project previously assisted by SB&W Foundation.