COVID-19 Assistance Fund
Following the ongoing devastating effects on the entertainment industry of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Seaborn, Broughton & Walford Foundation is now supporting those most in need. After discussions with the Actors' Benevolent Fund NSW (ABF), the Seaborn, Broughton & Walford Foundation has become a seed funder of the ABF's COVID-19 Assistance Fund.
The Fund provides emergency assistance to those finding it difficult to survive due to the shutdown of the sector. We feel sure that you will understand that it will be necessary to take the unprecedented step to suspend the current Foundation Grant Round in order to direct funds to benefit those in the performing arts community in need of emergency financial assistance. https://www.actorsbenevolentfund.org.au/page/37/emergency-covid-19-assistance
The Foundation Funding Policy
The Seaborn Broughton & Walford Foundation welcomes applications for financial assistance from both performing arts companies and from individual performing artists.
The Foundation typically considers applications for assistance twice a year: in April and in October. Owing to commitments the Foundation has made to support those in the Performing Arts community impacted by COVID-19 the Foundation will not consider applications in April 2020 & subject to the COVID-19 situation easing in our community will recommence considering applications received by Thursday 15th October 2020.
Those wishing to apply, please watch this space for updates. The Foundation is committed to recommence considering applications as soon as practicable.
Applications from Performing Arts Companies
The following guidelines are intended to assist companies with their applications:
- Applications for assistance should be made for specific projects, productions or activities.
- Preference will be given to special projects additional to the core business of a performing arts company.
- Special projects may include:
i. Commissioning an original play or performance
ii. Professional work-shops of an original play or performance
iii. Professional production of an original play or performance
iv. Assistance with international tours
v. Appointment of eg. trainee directors
vi. Organising conferences of theatre practitioners
vii. Professional training activities
viii. and such other projects as the SB&W Foundation Board may approve.
- At the present time, support for a performing arts company will not exceed $50,000 in any one year. A successful application will receive one grant or support payment.
- An application for assistance will not be considered until the Board has received an assessment and acquittal of a project previously assisted by SB&W Foundation.